When you have flood damage, the damage is usually multifold. There is staining of floors, walls, and your belongings. Sensitive items like wooden furniture become waterlogged and begin to warp or are outright destroyed. Since flood water, even from creeks or rainwater, often contains hazardous wastes and biohazards, flood damage can mean an immediate health risk. If flood damage cleanup is not started immediately, then mold growth is almost inevitable.
Let Culver City CA Water Damage take the stress out of flood cleanup! Our IICRC certified technicians are available 24/7 with fast, expert services so you can get your life back to normal. (310) 591-3179
Our Flood Damage Services
Culver City CA Water Damage is equipped to deal with all problems related to flood damage cleanup, including secondary damages like mold growth. Our services include:
• 24/7 emergency services
• IICRC certified technicians
• Water extraction
• Moisture detection with infrared cameras
• State-of-the-art drying and dehumidification equipment
• Sewage and biohazard cleanup
• Complete sanitization and deodorization
• Mold remediation
• Insurance company billing
Flood Damage Emergencies
Whether your flooding is due to a severe storm or a burst pipe, flooding should always be treated as an emergency situation. You should call for professional help immediately after flooding. The longer you wait, the greater the water damage will be and the chance of secondary damages (including toxic mold growth) drastically increases. Threat should not be taken lightly as mold can rapidly proliferate. As moisture levels in your home or business will be much higher, the mold problem can quickly spread to other areas – even areas which were not affected by the flood.
The Flood Cleanup Process
The flood cleanup process will vary depending on whether the flood water is from clean sources (like a burst supply pipe) or dirty sources (such as storm water or sewage overflows). The cleanup process will also depend on factors like the location of the flooding, water level, and whether mold growth has begun. Here is an overview of the general flood cleanup process so you know what to expect when you call Culver City CA Water Damage.
1. Assessment: Every case of flood damage starts with an assessment. Equipment like infrared cameras let us detect moisture so a plan can be made to clean up the entire problem. The technicians will also document the damage for an insurance claim.
2. Containment: Steps will be immediately taken to make sure the flood damage doesn’t spread to other parts of your home or business. Tarping is often used to prevent airborne pathogens from spreading.
3. Water Extraction: Using truck-mounted pumps and wet vacuums, water can be extracted from all surfaces.
4. Drying and Dehumidification: Structures are dried using professional-grade air movers. The air movers get water out of surfaces and into the air. The dehumidifiers catch water in the air and remove it to keep moisture levels safe.
5. Demolition and Debris Removal: Unsalvageable items, such as porous materials, will be removed and disposed of.
6. Sanitization and Deodorization: Flood damage often means biohazards like sewage. All contaminated surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized. The air itself is cleaned with antimicrobial spray. The process eliminates odors.
7. Mold Remediation: If mold has begun to grow, or mold growth is likely even with the drying steps in place, then biocides will be applied to kill mold spores.
8. Follow Up: We make sure that the entire job is done so you don’t experience problems later down the line. This often means re-checking for hidden areas of moisture and mold growth. Only once we are sure that the flood damage is completely resolved will we collect equipment. We will also provide any documentation to insurance adjusters and can bill to insurance companies directly.
FAQs about Flood Damage Cleanup
What damage does flooding do?
Flood water can stain floors and walls. The water gets absorbed by surfaces and is quickly drawn to surrounding areas, such as when water from flooded floors begins to wick up walls. When the water seeps deep into structures, it is very difficult to dry out on its own. Mold begins to grow in as little as 24 hours after water damage and can release toxic spores into the air. Additionally, standing water is a breeding ground for bacteria, parasites, and other biohazards.
Does insurance cover flood damage?
Most homeowners insurance policies cover water damage from plumbing failures but they usually do not cover flooding due to severe weather. You should avoid even using the word “flooding” with the insurance company as this may cause your claim to be denied.
Can I clean up flood damage myself?
Flood damage cleanup should be left to experienced professionals. If water isn’t removed immediately and moisture levels brought under control, then mold, bacteria, and other health threats can quickly develop. You may rent drying and dehumidifying equipment, but homeowners do not have access to technology like infrared cameras for detecting hidden areas of moisture.
Call us at (310) 591-3179 for immediate flood damage cleanup services in Culver City, CA.