Water damage causes staining to your floors, walls, and belongings. If the water damage is not promptly treated, then the moisture can quickly lead to mold growth and health risks. Let Culver City CA Water Damage take the stress out of water damage cleanup with 24/7 services from certified experts.
• 24/7 emergency services
• IICRC certified technicians
• Inspection with infrared cameras
• State-of-the-art drying and dehumidification equipment
• Complete sanitization and deodorization
• Insurance company billing
Water Damage Emergencies
Because water-damaged surfaces can grow mold in as little as 24 hours, we consider any case of water damage which is larger than 10 square feet to be an emergency. Even if the water does manage to dry out on its own, mold growth may have already begun. This is dangerous to your health as mold releases invisible spores into the air, which can irritate your respiratory tract and skin. Rather than risking mold growth and health problems, it is best to have water damage treated immediately. The sooner the problem is treated, the faster and less-expensive cleanup will be.
The Water Damage Cleanup Process
The water damage cleanup process will vary significantly depending on factors like how much damage has occurred, and which structures are wet. For example, water damage from a burst pipe in a wall will be treated differently than a flooded basement. Here is a general overview of the water damage cleanup process you can expect when you call Culver City CA Water Damage.
1. Assessment: Using infrared moisture-detecting cameras, we can assess how bad the water damage is, even locating moisture inside walls and floors. If you will be filing an insurance claim for water damage, our technicians will take documentation for the adjuster before beginning cleanup.
2. Water Extraction: Using truck-mounted equipment, our technicians remove water from your home or business. The equipment is operated by generator and thus can be used even in situations where there is no power.
3. Drying: Our professional-grade equipment will extract water from structures, your belongings, and even from the air. This allows for much faster drying. In most cases, your furniture and belongings can be dried in place.
4. Humidity Control: Dehumidifiers are set up to prevent moisture levels in the air from getting too high.
5. Sanitization and Deodorization: Using antimicrobial and sanitization cleaners, your property is left free of mold, bacteria, and biohazards. Odors will be eliminated as well.
6. Item Disposal: Items which cannot be saved will be thrown away. This is done according to California State regulations. We can provide documentation for insurance claims.
7. Follow Up: Our technicians will make sure the drying process is going smoothly by checking moisture levels and making sure mold growth is not present. Once the damage is under control, we collect any equipment.
FAQs about Water Damage Cleanup
What causes water damage?
Water damage can be caused by flooding from severe weather, burst pipes, overflowing toilets, appliance malfunctions, leaks, gutter backups, and numerous other problems. Severe weather can also cause water damage from flooding. To avoid the risk of water damage, have your plumbing system inspected and make any necessary repairs.
What sort of damage can water do?
Water can cause staining to your walls, floors, and ceilings. It can cause paint to peel and destroy carpets. Hardwood floors exposed to water can buckle and warp. Over the long term, water can cause the very structure of your home to rot. In addition to these direct effects of water damage, there are secondary problems such as mold growth, which can be disastrous to your health.
Does homeowners insurance cover water damage?
Many homeowners insurance policies do cover water damage (note that damage from severe weather is considered flooding and is not covered by most policies). However, filing a claim for water damage may cause your premiums to increase and you may be denied coverage again, so you should carefully decide whether it is worth it to file a claim.
Can’t I just clean up water damage myself?
In some mild cases of water damage, such as when the water has not wicked up walls and is limited to non-porous surfaces, you may be able to clean up the water damage yourself by setting up fans and dehumidifiers. However, it is generally best to let professionals handle water damage to prevent the risk of mold growth, which can be costly to treat and affect your health.
What are air movers?
Air movers are professional-grade fans which are set up to speed up the drying process. Dehumidifiers are used along with air movers to catch the water which moves into the air.
How much does water damage cleanup cost?
There are too many variables involved in water damage cleanup to give a cost estimate, such as the size of the damage, types of surfaces affected, and whether mold or sewage are present. The experts at Culver City CA Water Damage can provide you with a free estimate for water damage services over the phone.
Call us at (310) 591-3179 for immediate water damage cleanup services in Culver City, CA.